- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp Home Cook's Pantry French Pesto
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can (14-16 oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups pipe rigate, shells or small pasta
- 1 cup green beans, 1" pieces
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
In a large pot on stove, in olive oil, sauté onion, carrots, celery and French Pesto for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add stock, bring to boil then stir in kidney beans and pasta. Turn down heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add in green beans and peas and simmer covered for another 10 minutes.
Yields 4-6 servings.