- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Home Cook's Pantry Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cup whipped cream to garnish
Preheat oven at 425°
In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar, salt and Pumpkin Pie Spice. In a separate large bowl, beat eggs then add pumpkin and evaporated milk. Combine sugar and spice mixture with the pumpkin mixture and stir well. Pour into pie shell and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Yields 8 servings.