A delicious well-balanced combination of ingredients that go so well together for a perfect breakfast or brunch. This is called a "fines herbes" omelet in France, and it is a classic French rolled omelet, served hot, right out of the pan. Use a nonstick pan for this recipe.
- 2 russet potatoes, sliced to about 1/4" thickness
- 1 tsp salt, or less to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp Home Cook’s Pantry Fines Herbes
- 4 tbsp butter, separated into 4 pats
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack or mild cheddar cheese, shredded
In a heavy skillet over medium high heat, fry potatoes in oil, seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned and tender, 8-10 minutes. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream and Fines Herbes.
In another skillet or non-stick fry pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter to coat pan bottom. Ladle in 1/4 of the egg mixture. Cook until set, then sprinkle on 1/4 of the cheese, then on one half of the omelet, place 1/4 of the potatoes. Fold omelet closed and cook for 1 minute; place on plate and repeat process for 3 more omelets.
Yields 4 servings.