- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Home Cook’s Pantry Portuguese Tempero da Essência
- 1 cup ricotta
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté in oil the bell peppers and onion 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil and Portuguese Tempero da Essência. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°. Transfer bell pepper mixture to a 13” by 9” baking dish. Make 6 evenly spaced wells in mixture. Spoon a dollop of ricotta into each indent then crack 1 egg into each. Top with cheddar and Parmesan. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, 15 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.