- 2 lbs chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tsp Home Cook's Pantry Moroccan Chicken Tagine Blend
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup each wine and chicken broth
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Castelvetranos olives
Pat the chicken dry, and season well with salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil in a Moroccan tagine, Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat; brown chicken on all sides. Add onion and ginger; cook 3 minutes. Add the Moroccan Chicken Tagine Blend, then add garlic and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, then deglaze with wine and broth, stirring constantly while boiling. Lower the heat, cover and simmer gently for 50 minutes, then add the lemon and olives; simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve over couscous.
Yields 4 servings.