- 1 lb cooked skinless, boneless chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup each diced onion, carrots and celery
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Home Cook’s Pantry Bouquet Garni
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Finely chopped parsley to garnish
In a large pot on stove, add olive oil and vegetables; sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the chicken and cover with the stock. Gently submerge the Bouquet Garni sachet into the stock.
Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat down to simmer for 30 minutes. Add in the peas and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until peas are warmed through.
Remove and discard the Bouquet Garni. Serve soup in bowls and garnish with the chopped parsley.
Yields 3-4 servings.