There are a million different tasty Caesar Salad recipes on the Internet, but many people are curious on how to use my Caesar Salad Dressing Mix. The blend was designed to make putting together a salad easier for my husband. With little time or planning, it can be a struggle to eat well. This blend took the guessing about spices to add.
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Home Cook's Pantry Caesar Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 egg yolk (you can also use 3/4 cup mayonnaise instead)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
Emulsify with 1/4 cup olive oil. This makes enough dressing for 4-6 people, depending on how much dressing you prefer on your salad. That ratio between oil, vinegar and eggs/mayo will affect the thickness of the dressing.
- Always use freshly washed and thoroughly dried Romain lettuce
- Make your own croutons from cubed French bread, a drizzle of olive oil and our Italian Spice or French Spice Blends.
- Always use fresh shaved Parmesan cheese as a topping. The canned stuff will ruin this lovely salad.
- Freshly rendered bacon or lardons add even more flavor to this recipe.